National Institute of Organisation Dynamics Australia Ltd (NIODA) is a not for profit company limited by guarantee that was established in 2010.
NIODA’s purpose is the provision of education in systems psychodynamic approaches for the improvement of organisations, community and society.
To achieve this NIODA is focussed on achieving:
- high quality delivery of academic programs, research and scholarship and organisational consultancy
- active involvement in the local, national and global fields of systems psychodynamic/ socio-analytic work
- the ongoing development of NIODA as a centre of excellence with clear organisational processes, financial stability, creativity, vitality and professionalism being the organisation of choice by students, workshop and seminar participants, employees and organisations in need of research and consultancy.
The value of systems psychodynamic education
- The value of systems psychodynamic education is the ability to positively impact an organisation’s culture, structure and decision making by working with both conscious and unconscious phenomena in organisational life and its effect on organisational functioning.
- Systems psychodynamic understanding supports individuals and groups to stay with, rather than defend against, organisational complexity. This affords the possibility of increased productivity, creativity and sustainability in organisations.
- By understanding the effects of multiple levels of organisational dynamics, people are more able to make conscious choices about how and where they work and are more likely to be able to contribute positively to the tasks of the organisation.
- The provision of educational settings where complexity in organisations can be thought about and worked with enhances the capacity for people in organisations to manage work-related anxiety and to be able to keep thinking in the face of turbulence.